What is the Sport Premium?
The Sport Premium is funding given to schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions or increasing participation in the school game
Sports Premium Spending Plan
As of October 2017, schools have the responsibility of publishing swimming data. This data should express how the children have met the National Curriculum expectations in KS2. By the end of Year 6 children should be able to: swim 25m, use a variety of different strokes (breast stroke, back stroke, front crawl) and be able to perform a safe self-rescue.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions the full swimming program was not completed during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Number of children who can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of 25 metres 56% (50 children)
- Number of children who can use a range of strokes effectively 56% (50 children)
- Number of children who can perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations 50% (45 children)