Within Lessness Heath Primary School we are committed to high quality, consistent practice which protects children from harm. Staff and volunteers in this organisation accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which can cause children harm.
|Designated Teacher for Child Protection and Prevent Strategy||Deputy Designated Teacher Designated Officer for Looked After Children|
|Kate O’Connor Deputy Head Teacher||Ann Smith Assistant Head Teacher|
|Main School office Tel (01322 433290)||Main School office Tel (01322 433290)|
We will aim to safeguard children by:
- Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents and carers, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Carefully following the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through support, supervision and training.
- We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice regularly
We recognise that because of the day-to-day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse. The school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried. ● Include opportunities in the PSHE curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from harm or abuse.
Our mantra is that Child Protection is similar to a jigsaw puzzle and you may not see the whole picture but your piece of the puzzle could be vital – do not be in doubt, report! No child ever came to harm because someone reported something. Unfortunately, the opposite is true.
The governors of Lessness Heath Primary School are committed to safeguarding practices, which protect children from harm. This commitment is shared by the staff and volunteers of Lessness Heath Primary School. We accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues, which cause children harm. We are supported by London Borough of Bexley in all child protection matters but we are mindful that their LSCB is currently judged inadequate and that we must be additionally vigilant to ensure that no child slips through the net.